The Emergency Management District is offering emergency awareness notifications through Reverse 911. All listed residents, businesses, hospitals, schools, and emergency personnel are in our notifications directory. If you would like to be alerted through a medium that is not publicly listed such as cell phone, email, or unlisted number please follow the link below to fill out a short form listing your preferred contact information. In this form you can also check the form of contact you would like or not like. It is our intent to deliver only news that affects our community and this information will never be used for sales, or information gathering purposes. In the event of an emergency that affects traffic, health or safety, homes, businesses, or general community well being you will be notified by your preferred method in a short but informative message. Thank you for taking time to help us better serve the citizens of Hattiesburg Mississippi.
National Weather Service SAFE Page
Access The Latest Radar Data, Weather Graphics And Severe Weather Warnings
Allows you to see what areas would be impacted if the Leaf River floods.
Disaster can strike anytime and anywhere. It takes many forms — a hurricane, a tornado, a flood, a fire or a hazardous spill, an act of nature or an act of terrorism. It builds over days or weeks, or hits suddenly, without warning. Every year, millions of Americans face disaster, and its terrifying consequences. Often times, Forrest County residents become affected by these events.
Who We Are
The Emergency Management District is an independent office of the County and City of Hattiesburg government, reporting to The Emergency Management Council through the Emergency Management Director.
The District is made up of three (3) departments: Emergency Management, 911 Addressing/Mapping, and Communications. Each department works hand in hand to provide a timely and effective response to any emergency.
What We Do
The Emergency Management District provides:
- Effective and orderly governmental control and coordination of emergency operations in emergencies within the scope of Mississippi Statutes;
- Develops and maintains the County’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan providing emergency management planning for the entire County and the City of Hattiesburg
- Coordinates emergency management activities, services and programs, including:
- Helping citizens prepare for disasters
- Coordinating disaster assistance and resources available to our communities, businesses, and individuals
- Training and emergency exercises
- Maintaining an up to date address database that provides important information to emergency responders.
- Maintaining a County and City wide interoperable 800 MHz radio system to provide the best emergency communications available.
44,103 total views, 8 views today