Is Now Available For
Forrest County, City of Hattiesburg, and City of Petal Residents
It only takes a moment to sign up, so start now!
Click here to become a part of the Smart 911 community!
National Weather Service SAFE Page
Access The Latest Radar Data, Weather Graphics And Severe Weather Warnings
Allows you to see what areas would be impacted if the Leaf River floods.
Disaster can strike anytime and anywhere. It takes many forms — a hurricane, a tornado, a flood, a fire or a hazardous spill, an act of nature or an act of terrorism. It builds over days or weeks, or hits suddenly, without warning. Every year, millions of Americans face disaster, and its terrifying consequences. Often times, Forrest County residents become affected by these events.
Who We Are
The Emergency Management District is an independent office of the County and City of Hattiesburg government, reporting to The Emergency Management Council through the Emergency Management Director.
The District is made up of three (3) departments: Emergency Management, 911 Addressing/Mapping, and Communications. Each department works hand in hand to provide a timely and effective response to any emergency.
What We Do
The Emergency Management District provides:
- Effective and orderly governmental control and coordination of emergency operations in emergencies within the scope of Mississippi Statutes;
- Develops and maintains the County’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan providing emergency management planning for the entire County and the City of Hattiesburg
- Coordinates emergency management activities, services and programs, including:
- Helping citizens prepare for disasters
- Coordinating disaster assistance and resources available to our communities, businesses, and individuals
- Training and emergency exercises
- Maintaining an up to date address database that provides important information to emergency responders.
- Maintaining a County and City wide interoperable 800 MHz radio system to provide the best emergency communications available.
12,189 total views, 2 views today